The Book of Beginnings by Sally Page

I'd been feeling unwell, and this book was the perfect antidote. 

I totally fell in love with Jo, Reverend Ruth and Malcolm and couldn't wait to read more each day to explore their friendship and backstories. The stationery shop setting pushed all my buttons being a stationery addict, and I loved how the author included details on fountain pens, inks and notebooks and how these items introduced the cast of characters. The pinboard in the shop also made me smile.

I also enjoyed the exploration of friendship, beginning over and finding your place in the world, and the repeat of a place for everything and everything in its place worked for me.

I'm heading off to read Sally Page's first novel now and will certainly look out for more from her.

This is a warm hug of a book. Comforting, reassuring, and I don't mind sharing that I cried a little at the end.

Comments

Popular Posts