Strange Sally Diamond by Liz Nugent


I knew immediately that I wanted to read this book from its title and cover. These things do have an impact. This book is a compelling page-turner, and I read it over a couple of days, intrigued by how things would turn out for Sally, given the nature of her past and early childhood. I was totally rooting for her, especially as she was someone who found it challenging to make change and navigate the everyday world.

The story is a dual narrative; we also learn about Steve and how he links to Sally, as well as being introduced to a whole other cast of characters that surround Sally and who are well-formed and enjoyable to read.

I found this a moving and well-constructed book and one that explores whether it's possible to overcome the psychological shackles of your past. 

Comments

Popular Posts