Marple - a collection of short stories

Marple is a collection of new short stories written by contemporary authors featuring Agatha Christie's well-known and loved character Miss Marple. Like most short story collections, there are stories you favour more than others. Still, overall I enjoyed them all, and it has certainly made me consider reading some of the original novels to explore this character more.

You'll find Miss Marple in all sorts of settings and dealing with all kinds of situations in her usual determined and calm style. In particular, I loved the stories by Lucy Foley, Ruth Ware, Kate Mosse and Leigh Bardugo. But my absolute favourite was being transported to Villa Rosa by Elly Griffiths. Reading this on a rather dull, cold September day, I was transported to a beautiful Italian hotel surrounded by intriguing guests. I could almost taste the food, smell the lemons and feel the sun on my face. I was totally charmed by it.

If you're a fan of Agatha Christie and Miss Marple, I'm sure you'd enjoy this collection. And even if you're not, they still hold an appeal.




Comments

Popular Posts