Sundial by Catriona Ward


This was a heck of a ride. After reading The Last House on Needless Street I was expecting the book to mess with my head and it certainly did that. 

Reading this was like a series of BOOMS:

  • think you know what's going on - BOOM - think again
  • think you know who to trust - BOOM - think again
  • think you know what the past held - BOOM - think again
I loved some of the more minor details included in this rollercoaster of a book. In particular Callie's way of verbally expressing her emotions and what was happening by the use of emojis, the story set in the school which Rob is writing as a way of accessing her past, how Rob and Jack came to have those names.

I galloped through this one, but it might not be for everyone. If I had to sum it up in a few words, it would be dark and disturbing.


Comments

Popular Posts