My Mess is a bit of a Life, Georgia Pritchett

This memoir is a poignant, honest read where the author shares her vulnerabilities. The title pulled me in, making me laugh right from the off. The stories are laid out as short titled pieces that kept me turning the page. The storytelling feels like sitting down with a good friend over a cup of coffee and her telling you what has happened, throwing in some comedy to soften the tougher aspects. 

It made me cry. It made me laugh, and the kayaking story made me roar with laughter. I've honestly not read anything as funny in a very long time. 

This is a book about what it's like to live with anxiety, the challenges it presents, but it is written with warmth, humour and courage.

It's the sort of book I'd buy for others.




Comments

Popular Posts