Brown Baby by Nikesh Shukla


It's hard to open yourself up and lay down your feelings and vulnerabilities on the page and then share them with others. But that's exactly what it feels like Nikesh Shukla has done in this book. I felt like I had picked up his journal and was reading personal, intimate details of his life, his thoughts and his grief.

This book is at times beautiful, sad and thought-provoking. Elements made me angry at what the author was having to contemplate in relation to his daughter and her future. Things that as a white, female living in Britain, I'd never had to contemplate and which made me realise my own privileged position.

It's raw and honest. It conveys a father's love for his daughter and the worries he has for her today and which he will carry for her always. 

Comments

Popular Posts