The Essence of Stillness

I have recently returned from a wonderful yoga retreat in France.  While I was there this poem arrived and requested I write it - so here it is!


The Essence of Stillness



Perhaps it is in the morning mists that swirl across the fields
Or in the petals of a flower waiting to unfurl
Perhaps it is in the rise and fall of the belly of a sleeping cat
Or in the bowing heads of sunflowers missing the summer sun

Perhaps it is in the echo of a dragon fly's wing
Or in a blade of grass swaying gently in the breeze
Perhaps it is in the weight of an acorn that falls from a tree
Or in the shimmer of a moonbeam reflected on the pond
Perhaps it is in the curl of a frond from a passion fruit plant
Or in the redness of an autumn berry newly formed
Perhaps it is in the iridescent light captured in a single moment
Or in the crisp leaves that snap underfoot
Perhaps it is deep in the centre of me, aligned to my beating heart
Or in the softness of my breath moving effortlessly in and out
Perhaps it is there as I lay in stillness
Or the stillness lays in me, ever patient, waiting




Comments

Popular Posts