Nano - Day Two

Friday 2nd November

My wordcount today 0
My total wordcount to date 1057
Target wordcount 3334
Shortfall from target 2277

It's day two. I awake early again and think about getting up to write but that's as far as it goes. Knowing that I have to make a two hour journey to Cambridgeshire later today, I ease myself back into sleep and get up at 7.45 am. This morning I choose to visit an old friend and walk in the sunshine by the sea. I won't get a chance again for a while and it's such a beautiful day. It won't take me long to make this journey this afternoon I think. I'll write while I await my friend's return home from work. It will be fine I think. I'll do it then.

I leave at 2 pm and the sat-nav tells me I should be at my destination at 4.22 pm. That gives me about an hour and a half to write when I arrive. Only what the sat-nav doesn't account for is an accident on route and then a broken down car. My arrival time jumps to 5.55 pm. Hummm that seems to have wiped out my writing time today.  The result no progress made but a nice evening with my friends.

I feel a bit guilty about not writing today, but it's early days and I know that I can catch up - can't I?

Comments

Popular Posts