Nano - day five

Monday 5th November

My wordcount today 0
My total wordcount to date 2059
Target wordcount  8335

Shortfall from target 6276

Right, write I think this morning. I'm back home. I'm in my own space. There is nothing to stop me writing this morning. All I have in the diary is a dental appointment at noon. So I have until at least 11.30 am to write and then also more time this afternoon. Great News.

So why when I leave for the dentist at 11.30 have I not written one word. Procrastination is a terrible thing. Yes, I have done some other things - sorted and sent some emails, written my to do list which of course includes as my number one point - write 1667 words per day for Nanowrimo.  What an irony!

This afternoon it is then. I'll definitely be focussed. I'll definitely write lots then. Maybe I could even catch up. That is until I realise that actually the dental appointment is quite painful and quite tiring and it leaves me with little energy other than to do the food shop. There's still later this evening. Perhaps I'll get a few words down on paper then.

It is not to be. Teeth still hurt and make me want to crash out and feel sorry for myself. Day six awaits tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts