Nano - Day Twenty

Tuesday 20th November

My wordcount today 0
My total wordcount to date 7739
Target wordcount 33340
Shortfall from target 25601


OK, so I'm way way behind target wordcount now, but today I just don't care. I'm not going to feel guilty about it or worry about it or anything about it frankly. Today I've planned some of my character conflicts although I'm still a little uncertain about the timing and what order they occur. I need to sort that out and pretty quickly in order to progress with the writing. I've also decided to read last year's Nanowrimo novel. It is after all what my current novel is based on and I believe it would be a good idea to review what I can use and what I can't use. At the moment, I am pretty much writing fresh content every day with an occasional burst from the original version. But there might be some salvageable stuff in that tome of 53,000 words.

So that's what I've decided and although it's not progressing my wordcount, it does feel like it's progressing my novel, even if after reading it all, I decide it's a load of old tosh and nothing can be used. At least I'll know and not keep thinking about it.

Comments

Popular Posts