Nano - Day Nine

Friday 9th November

My wordcount today 0
My total wordcount to date 3703
Target wordcount 15003

Shortfall from target 11300

Week one of Nano is now well behind me and still other priorities stand in my way. Does this mean that I just can't cut it as a writer? Will I always find other things to do rather than getting down to writing?

I remember stories about Will Self getting up at 5 am in order to write. He'd write until 7 am and then get ready and head into work. That's commitment for you. Do I have that commitment? It seems not at this point in time. Come on Angela. I chivvy myself up. There's still time if you put your mind to it.

I browse the local Chester region statistics. I am 38 out of 50. That's good and bad. It's bad as I am a long way behind, but good that in fact that are others like me and some who have written fewer words than I have. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but at least I'm not in position 50 - that might jolt me into action.

What's ironic about all this is that I have probably written more words in this blog explaining my lack of progress than I have for Nano. It's a funny old world.

Comments

Popular Posts