Nano - Day Nineteen

Monday 19th November

My wordcount today 0
My total wordcount to date 7739
Target wordcount 31673
Shortfall from target 23934


No writing in bed this morning and no writing whatsoever.

To date during Nanowrimo, I've been writing different scenes rather than writing sequentially. The scenes are ones that interest me and ones which I hoped I wouldn't get stuck on. But it seems that despite my best efforts that's still occurred. I realise that I haven't sorted out some relationship conflicts between three of my characters and until I do so, I can't continue. These characters interact regularly in the novel and right now I'm not sure if they are supposed to be happy to see one another or arguing or ignoring one another. Until this gets resolved, I'm a bit stuck. It seems that tomorrow may require some planning.

Comments

  1. I write in exactly the same way! The way it works for me is I get an image in my head of something happening and I'll need to address it immediately or it'll leave forever. Because of this I can't sit down and plan it out methodically, I write snippets and hopefully they can stick together in the future like some sort of puzzle.

    Stopping by from A to Z, The Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts